Throughout my blog you may have noticed that I champion cutting all ties with your ex. A lot of people have said they consider this harsh. However here are 10 reasons why I don’t….
1. The split wasn’t mutual. One minute you’re a couple and the next minute you’re not, and it wasn’t through your choice. There are going to be some hard feelings for a while and being “just friends” with someone who you want more from isn’t fun.
2. You’ve seen each other naked. They know all your likes. They know your worst habits- I like to think no one knows that I could quite easily eat a block of cheese on its own, in one afternoon.
3. Staying friends will mean staying friends on Facebook. Cue the constant looking on their page an obsessing over any girl who comments. “Who is Sophie? Why is he talking to her? She’s blonde. I’m not blonde. Does this mean he actually just want to be with a blonde instead. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH
4. Seeing them with someone else. Ouch.
5. Friends talk about sex and love. Discussing your love life with someone who you probably were in love with at some point isn’t my idea of a great conversation.
6. Sex with the ex- always happens. Good at the time. Not so great afterwards.
7. You have enough friends. You don’t need another one.
8. You definitely don’t need a friend who has hurt you.
9. Would you want to go to your ex’s wedding. I wouldn’t. Plus which, I can be a massive bitch when I’m drunk and I’d probably say something shitty about the cake. Or worse, the brides dress.
10. False hope. There will always be part of you that will think “what if?”
We’ve all seen the film. Girl Meets boy. Girl falls for boy. Boy won’t commit. Girl dresses like a slut; boy commits. You’re just an object.
The Little Mermaid
It’s OK to sell your soul in order to get what you want. In The Little Mermaid, Ariel gives up her voice; her ability to sing and her ability to communicate, AND STILL GETS THE GUY, because ya’know, it’s not like you need to be able to have a conversation with a guy in order for him to like you.
Friends With Benefits
If you have no strings attached sex with a guy and act like you don’t want a relationship, he will fall in love with you. Chances are, if he says he wants no strings attached, he really wants no strings attached and won’t fall in love with you. Make sure that’s what you really want too before you pursue it.
Someday your prince will come. It’s Ok that you can’t pay your rent, your shoes are falling apart and all your friends are hooked on drugs. One day a man will come along and lift you out of all of your troubles.
Being the single, independent lady that I am, this means that everything I own I bought myself. I’m quite proud of this, but I’m also very expensive. When I came across MUA I was rather dubious- a lipstick, for £1? What’s wrong with it?
After reading other reviews about how good it was I thought I’d give it a go, besides if it is a bit rubbish, it wouldn’t have exactly left me bankrupt.
MUA (Make Up Academy) can be found online at www.muastore.com or in Superdrug stores. All their products cost a couple of £s each and they are fast becoming a favourite in the blogging community.
This deep, berry toned red is perfect for the Autumn. It is extremely pigmented and really has the staying power- meaning you can drink as many hot chocolates to your heart’s content. It feels really moisturising on the lips and it has a sweet, powdery smell to it. At just one pound it’s a bargain.
So quite recently I gave you all 10 reasons why I’d rather have a cat, despite the fact I am actually more of a dog person, so this week I’m going to give you 10 reasons why a man’s best friend can also be a women’s…
1. They’re easier to house train.
2. Dogs are a lot better at picking up on your emotions.
3. Dogs will eat whatever you give them. I once cooked a lovely home cooked meal from scratch for my then bf. He moaned because he wanted Dominoes pizza, looking back on it I wish I had thrown said cooked meal at him. Ungrateful toad.
4. Dogs will happily express affection in public. The boyfriend above also would refuse to hold my hand in public. Arsehole.
5. Dogs are happy with just a belly rub. Ever tried rubbing a guys belly and then rolling over to sleep. Not gonna happen.
6. The dog is always happy to see you and will let you know it.
7. Having a kick about with your dog in the park is a lot less scary than having a kick about with any testosterone driven male.
8. The only bad thing a dog is likely to give you are fleas…
9. Dogs will protect you, a recent survey showed that men would happily let their better halves go downstairs in the middle of the night to investigate a strange noise
10. Your dog won’t stray because you can put him on a leash; only certain types of men will agree to wear a leash. I’m not sure I would want to date these types of men anyway.
Men will never do the puppy dog eyes as well as puppies.