So quite recently I gave you all 10 reasons why I’d rather have a cat, despite the fact I am actually more of a dog person, so this week I’m going to give you 10 reasons why a man’s best friend can also be a women’s…
1. They’re easier to house train.
2. Dogs are a lot better at picking up on your emotions.
3. Dogs will eat whatever you give them. I once cooked a lovely home cooked meal from scratch for my then bf. He moaned because he wanted Dominoes pizza, looking back on it I wish I had thrown said cooked meal at him. Ungrateful toad.
4. Dogs will happily express affection in public. The boyfriend above also would refuse to hold my hand in public. Arsehole.
5. Dogs are happy with just a belly rub. Ever tried rubbing a guys belly and then rolling over to sleep. Not gonna happen.
6. The dog is always happy to see you and will let you know it.
7. Having a kick about with your dog in the park is a lot less scary than having a kick about with any testosterone driven male.
8. The only bad thing a dog is likely to give you are fleas…
9. Dogs will protect you, a recent survey showed that men would happily let their better halves go downstairs in the middle of the night to investigate a strange noise
10. Your dog won’t stray because you can put him on a leash; only certain types of men will agree to wear a leash. I’m not sure I would want to date these types of men anyway.