OK, so I’m aware my last post would make any respectable single who was looking for love, want to run for the hills, but I actually know of a few fellow single ladies who have actually had quite a successful time internet dating. Just to prove to you that internet dating isn’t all that bad, here are a few reasons why internet dating can actually be quite good…
1. Sometimes I can’t be bothered to dress up and leave my house. With internet dating you can look for love in the comfort of your own home. Whilst dressed in your leopard print onesie. Eating a block of cheese.
2. You get to see their profile BEFORE you even meet them. A bit like when recruiters are looking through CVs, you can weed out the crap ones, who don’t know the difference between your and you’re.
3. You can safely assume they’re single- when you’re out, and you spot a cute guy at a bar there is always a risk his girlfriend may also be somewhere in said bar. With dating sites you can safely assume they’re single because if they weren’t, why would they be on a dating site? And if that is the case, then is that the kind of person you really want to be with anyway?!
4. You can put your best foot forward. You can make your social life more exciting, claim to exercise 3-4 times a week… lie about your height *ahemMrShortahem*
5. It’s a bit like window shopping, but for people- looking for a 25 year old, athletic, non smoker? You can actually state that in the search bar!!
6. You can block the weirdos- you can’t really do that in a bar. In a bar you just have to hope your friends will take pity on you and rescue you. Mine normally sit in the corner watching and laughing.
7. There are things you can ask online that might be considered a bit weird if you asked a stranger in real life. Like: where are you from? I once had a man come up to me at a train station, and ask where I live, cue me assuming he was a scary axe murderer. I’ve been asked online and it seems a lot less threatening.
8. It gives you the opportunity to meet people in a sober environment. I’m not sure about anyone else, but I’m most likely to meet people when I’m out in a club or bar, and lets face it, most drunk people are idiots.
9. You get all the small talk out of the way. When the body clock is ticking you don’t have the time to be going on dates just to ask silly questions like “What do you do?”.
10. You might actually find your Prince Charming. A close girl friend of mine met her fiancé on a dating site, so they definitely can work!
So there we go, internet dating isn’t ALL that bad!